Musings on my adventures around the world and my ties back in Texas as well as some of the the ideas I have to adapt and create to keep those places close to home.

Monday, October 8, 2007

Quote of the week

Try to understand that you are here, and that the things that surround you change you - in the same way that you change them.


This business of looking at the horizon...It seems as if...I don't know...I can't explain it...as if my soul has grown...Before, I looked in the distance,and things in the distance seemed really far, you know? They seemed not to be a part of my world. Because I was used to looking only at things that were close, the things around me. But I got used to looking into the distance. And I saw that besides tables, chairs and objects, my world also included the mountains, clouds, the sky. And my soul - my soul seems to have eyes that is uses to touch those things...my soul seems to have grown.

...look at the horizon.

-Paul Coelho, The Valkyries

No comments: