Musings on my adventures around the world and my ties back in Texas as well as some of the the ideas I have to adapt and create to keep those places close to home.

Saturday, June 30, 2007

I hate packing!

It really doesn't matter what it's for, I hate packing. Whether its just for a week vacation, or packing up to move. I don't want to do it and usually procrastinate for as long as I can. When I'm in Texas C always comes over and sits with me for those big packings - we get one last chance to talk and she keeps me working. No such luck today. This stinks! Not only do I have to pack for my trip (yeah!!! leaving for 10 days to go to the Mediterranean coast of Turkey) but I have to pack up my lojman. They've (the powers that be) decided that they are going to re-floor our lojmans over the summer. I've asked for mine to be done in the next week and a half (since I'll be gone and it will let me unpack again before my family arrives). Who knows if I'll actually come back to new floors - they couldn't seem to predict when flooring work will begin but in between packing for my trip, preparing my house for a two week leave (refrigerator/trash/laundry etc) I've also got to box up anything that is in/on furniture in all the carpet covered rooms so that they can "easily move the furniture." Grrr!!! It does make me realize that I really don't have a ton of stuff (especially if you don't count the clothes) about 4 boxes not counting kitchen stuff and pictures (neither of which is getting packed up). Almost done....I think. Unless I find some more things randomly. Sigh.

No comments: