Musings on my adventures around the world and my ties back in Texas as well as some of the the ideas I have to adapt and create to keep those places close to home.

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Project


Finished labrynth
Originally uploaded by ccarlstead
Since we have a long weekend and I was unable to organize transportation outside of the city I decided it was time to have some projects get done. Yesterday was a trip to the archaeological museum. Today I finished up a scrapblog from last summer but the real accomplishment was painting a labyrinth. I'm quite pleased with how it turned out. My resolution now is to actually walk it every day. If you're interested there is step by step photos here.

2 comments:

Leigh Newton said...

Cristi, would you talk about your use of the labyrinth? I think it's a great idea. It must have been a fun project to do. I've only seen one or two before. One was a roll-out version on a huge canvass, I think. the other was a brick one at a convent in Wisconsin, near Dubuque, Iowa, where I lived for two years. I've never walked one.

TXroots said...

"Let your troubles go and enter the labyrinth" is the introduction I left at the start. For me walking a labyrinth is almost a form of meditation. Because you're winding around you have to slow down. And as you pay attention to the path I find my mind slowing down and letting go of things that bother me. I'm going to try to walk it every day in the hopes that it is one more way to help me stay centered.