Musings on my adventures around the world and my ties back in Texas as well as some of the the ideas I have to adapt and create to keep those places close to home.

Monday, April 30, 2007

Translation Fun

Received an e-mail today from the person in charge of keeping up with our lojman repairs and such... "The lojman flyswatters will be restored next days.If you have a problem with your lojman’s flyswatters, please inform us." Made me stop for a minute. My flyswatter? Hey, I didn't get one of those at the beginning of the year, it might have come in handy...My mind picturing the plastic handle with a square on the end. Or do they mean an electrical bug zapper? That would be cool (not likely). The next e-mail from another international teacher shed a bit of light "flyswatter = flyscreen (on windows/doors) ... not the plastic on the end of a stick used to squash annoying pests" Of course. That's cool too. I'll be happy to not have bugs flying in and out of my lojman anymore.

No comments: