Musings on my adventures around the world and my ties back in Texas as well as some of the the ideas I have to adapt and create to keep those places close to home.

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Comfort Food

Perhaps it is because I'm trying to shake a cold, but as I've been sitting with my multiple cups of tea this weekend I've been thinking about comfort food. The food that never fails to raise my spirits and remind me of good memories. What fascinates me is how my comfort food reflects all of the places I've lived. My top ten (in no particular order as it really just depend on what kind of mood I am in):

Breakfast Tacos (Texas)
Mom's homemade rolls, recipe from Aunt Ida (Texas)
Mercimek Corba-lentil soup (Turkey)
Mafe Tiga-peanut sauce (Guinea)
Macaroni and Cheese (Savannah)
Broccoli Green Bean Casserole (Savannah)
Cheese Enchiladas (Texas)
Mercimek Koftesi-lentil meatballs (Turkey)
Sweet potatoes (became a real love in Savannah)
Chowder (Boston)

No comments: