Musings on my adventures around the world and my ties back in Texas as well as some of the the ideas I have to adapt and create to keep those places close to home.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I'm amused

I'm amused that our board erasers come packaged with a piece of paper that claims they are "Good for your health." What? Erasing the board in my classroom is good for me? Somehow I doubt it...although it could be strengthening my arm muscles a bit to have my arms raised. Turns out that the slip of paper contains a diagram of the front and back of the hand showing the reflex nerve zones for the rest of the body. Since the eraser has small plastic bumps on the back of it they claim that if you "message on these zone with our products 3 minutes once a day you will get satisfied results." (and yes I typed this in correctly, the English leaves a bit to be desired.) Maybe next time I'm waiting to get my students attention I should start rubbing my hand with the eraser, it might not help my hands but I bet it would get their attention.

No comments: