Musings on my adventures around the world and my ties back in Texas as well as some of the the ideas I have to adapt and create to keep those places close to home.

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Exams


6 June 2007
Originally uploaded by ccarlstead
This past week has been all about exams. We finished up our last few days of normal exams on Wednesday. Today the moment our 12th graders have been stressing about for the last 12months has finally arrived – they took the OSS – the university entrance exam that will determine their future for at least the next several years – this morning (I look forward to actually seeing them a bit relaxed and free on Friday). The education ministry has also decided to change the system for grade raising exams (exactly what it sounds like – an exam that gives students a chance to increase their year average) and responsibility exams (for those who have failed courses and now get a one test chance to reverse that). The only real effect for me is that we’ll no longer have any kids showing up Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday (not that many would have come anyway now that exams are finished). I’m afraid it may mean a shorter summer holiday for many of my colleagues who will have to stay to proctor these exams (right now I’m glad I have a plane ticket out next Saturday).

No comments: