Musings on my adventures around the world and my ties back in Texas as well as some of the the ideas I have to adapt and create to keep those places close to home.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

...is like a game of whac-a-mole


Proctoring exams is like a game of whac-a-mole. At least thats what comes to my mind as I sit and stare at my students for 80 minutes. I'm always scanning the room looking for the next head that is going to pop up. The trick is to make eye-contact with a student as soon as their eyes come up from their exam so that they know you're watching them. I figure that prevention is so much better than having to actually deal with cheating. And if you're looking at you most of them will think three times before trying to sneak a peak at some else's exam. Really it is like a game of whac-a-mole in the quick reflexes it takes to catch them as soon as they pop up. Now if only they'd give me a nice rubber covered mallet proctoring would be so much more entertaining.

No comments: