Musings on my adventures around the world and my ties back in Texas as well as some of the the ideas I have to adapt and create to keep those places close to home.

Friday, December 5, 2008

Capsul Wardrobe Challenge

So my sister challenged me to participate in this (and then backed out!?!) challenge. The goal...to mix and match 10 major wardrobe pieces and 5 accessories for a workweek wardrobe. Its a bit rough to start when you don't find out about it until after day 1, so I was stuck with 4 of my pieces. Pretty happy with how it turned out, although I realized it's quite a bit easier when you are a simple dresser as I am. What I learned...I should definitely exploit belts a bit more.









































The breakdown:
Day 1: Pink corduroy skirt from Collezione in Turkey(15 ytl at the end of the fall)
White top from a friend's rejects
Red cardigan - thrifted in Austin
Brown maryjane shoes - thrifted in Austin
Necklace from the Ortakoy jewelry market in Istanbul

Day 2: Dress thrifted (somewhere in Texas)
Red Cardigan (repeat)
Leather belt thrifted in Houston
Black boots thrifted in Austin (although actually a Christmas gift from my sister)
Same jewelry

Day 3: Black skirt (from way long ago)
White top (repeat)
Red belt (repeat)
Black boots (repeat)
Same jewelry

Day 4: Black skirt (repeat)
Black shirt one of the many things my mother brought me the last time she came, surely thrifted from Austin
Silver butterfly belt - not sure who gave this to me, mom probably, again thrifted
Black maryjane's thrifted in Austin (couldn't handle another day in the same shoes)

Day 5: Pink corduroy skirt (repeat)
Black shirt (repeat)
Red belt (repeat)
Black boots (repeat)
Same jewelry

No comments: