Musings on my adventures around the world and my ties back in Texas as well as some of the the ideas I have to adapt and create to keep those places close to home.

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Hair braiding day 1

This past summer I made the decision to vary from my normal habit of chopping my hair off to ear level since I was having so much fun with trying out different braids. Since then it has gotten long enough that I'm not actually enjoying having it down, and have started thinking about going to get it cut again. To postpone this a bit I've given myself a challenge for the New Year...to come up with at least 30 different braid or twist hairstyles that I can do on my own hair.

Style 1: A half french rope that follows the hair line
It is a basic rope with hair added in only from the bottom. Inspiration came from here, but I didn't like the way that it looked when I left the tail hanging down and so I tucked it back in the top (as the twists wouldn't let me bring it underneath). I was pleasantly surprised at how well it stayed in through a full day at school.

No comments: