Musings on my adventures around the world and my ties back in Texas as well as some of the the ideas I have to adapt and create to keep those places close to home.

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Hair braiding day 17

Okay, so today wasn't really about a braid. More about a twist, or two. I was going back through pictures from when I had been experimenting with my hair at the beginning of the year and came across one that I thought I should include in my count to 30. A simple twist from each side which comes out looking quite a bit more elegant than my normal hairdo.

Style 17: double sided twist


So the idea here is pretty simple. I divide my hair in half. Starting around my ear I twist towards my hair, adding hair in until I've twisted all of the hair on the left side up. This twist usually end somewhere between the center of my ear and my right ear. Sliding a bobby pin back along the twist (okay, two today) I secured that half in place. I then do the same thing the right hand side, making sure to include the tail of the earlier twist as I go so that it does not stick out. Pin that one in place the same way, and then add a few clips - mostly so that I manage to make sure it is well anchored and to take care of getting the tail of that twist hidden away. Of course it makes it look a bit more elegant too. I have to say though, that I think this might be one style that actually looked better when my hair was shorter as you can see below.


No comments: