Musings on my adventures around the world and my ties back in Texas as well as some of the the ideas I have to adapt and create to keep those places close to home.

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Closing in on Christmas

It's really odd to stop and realize that Christmas day is only 4 days away (almost 3 as I'll soon be heading to bed). As I get closer it feels less and less like Christmas. One of the oddest things is that I'm still teaching, with 3 days to go. I have class tomorrow which makes it feel like the Christmas season doesn't start until after that. Sure makes for a short Christmas season when you tie it into time off, which being a teacher I tend to take for granted. I guess I was lucky to get a Christmas to New Year break while I was in Guinea. That at least made it seem much more like the holiday season. Although thinking back I don't actually think my break started much before the 25th. It's just that having the extended break made it at least seem like a holiday. I'm not entirely sure it will seem that way here. Even though I have Christmas music streaming through my computer I can't quite come to terms with the fact that Christmas is almost upon us. Hopefully I'll be more into the spirit by Saturday.

No comments: