Musings on my adventures around the world and my ties back in Texas as well as some of the the ideas I have to adapt and create to keep those places close to home.

Friday, January 12, 2007

50 places to see before you die

Last night on the service bus my group of compatriots started talking about travel destinations (our favorite topic). The conversation slowly got around to the BBC's list of 50 places to see before you die. Out of curiousity I went on-line to see how many of the 50 I had hit. 12 if you count the trip I'll be taking in two weeks to Egypt and Jordan: Grand Canyon, Great Barrier Reef, Florida, South Island of New Zealand, Sydney, New York, Petra, Pyramids, Luxor, North Island of New Zealand, Iceland, Abu Simbel - Egypt. Not to bad...The fun thing is that I also found a sight which will calculate how long it will take you to hit all 50 places at the rate you're going right now... http://twisty.com/misc/50places/ According to it I'll be 113 before I finish off the list. Just out of curiousity I also put in how many years it's been since I saw the first on my list (Iceland in 1999) and it came up with a much more reasonable 26 additional years. Now I don't really thing that I'll have seen all of these places in another 26 years, but its a nice dream.

No comments: