Musings on my adventures around the world and my ties back in Texas as well as some of the the ideas I have to adapt and create to keep those places close to home.

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Exams

Well it's exam time, which means that I have a pile of grading to do. It also means that I'm procrastinating on that in any way I can. There's only so long you can look at students murdering math before you go crazy and want to do someone some harm or else take a nap. I'm 3/8 of the way through my grading. Unfortunately that doesn't seem like too happy of a number to me right now. Daily I'm regretting the format of the math department here. Thanks to the Turkish ministry of education, math and geometry are considered two separate courses requiring their own notes, exams and schedules. What that means is that for my 6 hours I have each group in class I have to come up with grades for two separate courses. All in all not so bad until I realized that it means I have double the number of exams to grade - 2 for each of my students. Sigh....back to the grindstone.

No comments: