Musings on my adventures around the world and my ties back in Texas as well as some of the the ideas I have to adapt and create to keep those places close to home.

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Alone

Sitting in the ferry getting ready to head back across the Bosphorus to Kadikoy I realized that after two weeks I"m all alone. There's a sense of relief in that. I'm free to enjoy my favorite part of any trip to the city without having to keep track of J (although I will miss her pointing out every boat and buouy we pass) or make sure the rest of the family gets off with me and heads the right way. Don't get me wrong - I had a great visit with my family its just nice to only be responsible for myself again. To only have to consider myself in the decisions I make. I plan on taking full advantage of the next three days to recover before my parents come for part two of the family visits.

No comments: