Musings on my adventures around the world and my ties back in Texas as well as some of the the ideas I have to adapt and create to keep those places close to home.

Sunday, July 8, 2007

Blue Cruise

Lounge, Swim in the Mediterranean, nap, eat, swim, repeat. That pretty much sums up the first four days of my vacation. It is pretty hard to complain about that. 16 of us (teachers from school as well as some visitors) spent 4 nights and 3 days on a fillet (a quasi sailboat which normally ran off of an engine) around the south eastern coast of the Mediterranean. How lovely! It definitely felt like what a summer vacation should be. Not responsible for anything - the biggest decision I had to make was whether I wanted to dive off the boat or lower myself gradually by the ladder. Great people to talk to and discover (it is so much fun to meet friends of friends - a much higher chance of liking new people when people you already like recommend them...). We did get off the boat a little bit. After sliding by the sunken city (hmmm...I will have to write more on that later as I can not remember many details without my guide book) underwater due to an earthquake a long time ago we got off the boat to explore an old Crusader Castle - the most exciting bit was probably trying to get up the hill without sliding off - and some of the old Lycian tombs.

1 comment:

Cruise Turkey said...

Hello,

Blue cruise is known as blue voyage offers unlimited joy and happiness during one week or two on board Luxury Gulets or motoryachts, enjoying utmost attention by the crew and awesome Mediterranean cuisine. Thanks a lot...