Musings on my adventures around the world and my ties back in Texas as well as some of the the ideas I have to adapt and create to keep those places close to home.

Friday, July 13, 2007

Random Inquiry

So while I was on the blue cruise the topic came up as to how you can tell the difference between a cockroach and a beetle (don't ask, just be thankful they were beetles). I did a bit more research when I got back to a computer and it turns out M was right (of course, I believed him but was curious to see exactly what he meant). So in case you ever need to be able to determine which you have here's the main visual difference. Cockroaches will fold their wings over each other so that there is a definite overlap, and occasionally you will only be able to see one wing at all on the back. Beetles, on the other hand, fold their wings down next to each other so you will be able to see two clear sections split down the cent of it's back when it's not flying. So now you have a bit more useless information.

No comments: