Musings on my adventures around the world and my ties back in Texas as well as some of the the ideas I have to adapt and create to keep those places close to home.

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

drowning in paper

I don't know why but the start to a school year always makes me feel like I'm drowning in paper. With so much emphasis on trying to move to a more digital society I don't understand why it still seems as if I have probably used an entire tree by myself in the past week and a half. Do I really need all of this printed out? Unfortunately for those of us who work best on paper and for my students the answer is yes. So I'll continue to go and photocopy all my worksheets and hope that at least if my students throw them away that they'll make it into the recycle bin. I've even created a website for my classes (thank you google pages!) so that I have a way to disseminate information and solutions to worksheets, it's my only hope at not using quite so much paper personally.

1 comment:

Leigh Newton said...

Just a short hello from Baku in Azerbaijan. Life is very very full with primary teaching but the school is great. wonderful staff and admin. Other issues I'll you about another day. Tanya won't make it in October, but after I return to Aus in Dec, she'll come out for a while in March.

much love