Musings on my adventures around the world and my ties back in Texas as well as some of the the ideas I have to adapt and create to keep those places close to home.

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Food combinations

Because of a restricted diet and a necessity to eat every two hours due to health problems I've been scrambling recently for a few variations to my basic snack foods: yogurt, whole wheat crackers, peanut butter, cheese, peanuts, cashews, boiled egg. Today's combination was an attempt to mix peanut butter into my yogurt. It's not horrible, but I can't say that I would exactly recommend it. Not the best choice. I've tried cinnamon with yogurt, which is slightly better (takes a lot of cinnamon to give the yogurt flavor) and I'm thinking if I add some vanilla into the mix it may be even better. I'd greatly appreciate any suggestions for no sugar, low carbohydrate add ins to any of my snack foods.

1 comment:

Sara said...

You could go for savory and mix in maggi or mom's mexican seasoning to plain yogurt. Would be good with crackers or cheese. What about making yogurt cheese by draining your yogurt? Pickles?

This list looked like it had some ideas, too:
http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/whattoeat/a/snacks.htm

(or search "low carb snacks", which will get you pretty close to your dietary restrictions.)