Musings on my adventures around the world and my ties back in Texas as well as some of the the ideas I have to adapt and create to keep those places close to home.

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Craft project


22 December 2007
Originally uploaded by ccarlstead
The other day my sister and I were paging through a magazine and found an advertisement of a necklace that was made out of the end of an old silverware handle. Then the next day as I was helping to sort through a bit of my dad's "playhouse" I found some of the handles that we had leftover from making windchimes. Voila, a new project. Turns out I do remember how to use the drillpress, the small grinder/polisher (that has a specific name but I don't have a clue what it is) and learned how to use the belt sander. And now, with the addition of some ribbon and clasps I've got some necklaces that I think look pretty good. Not bad for a couple of hours work!

No comments: