Musings on my adventures around the world and my ties back in Texas as well as some of the the ideas I have to adapt and create to keep those places close to home.

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Year's Resolutions

So I'm not a big one for New Year's resolutions, but for some reason this year I feel like I need a bit of a goal to start my year off. It comes down to three simple things, all to do with photography (since my one resolution last year went so well - take a picture for every day of the year....soon I'll the final few uploaded and will provide a link then). So here are my resolutions:

1) Participate in the 52 blessings project. The idea - take 1 picture a week of something that you are thankful for and count as a blessing in your life. I figure this will be a good way to help keep me positive and appreciate the many things that are truly amazing in my life.

2) Similarly, complete the Rainbow Project. This will involve me taking a total of 140 photos with a color theme - 20 in each color of the rainbow. ROYGBIV.

3) Make some significant progress on my Austin Sights Alphabet Book. Not quite sure I want to quantify it anymore than this, but I'd love to be close to be publishing by the end of the year. As a side attempt I may try to figure out a way I can get copies of the I Went To The Market Turkish alphabet book to all the people who have expressed interest.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

52 blessings... I like that idea a lot. I think I will do one of those too.

Great idea!

Thanks, Doug Chapman