Musings on my adventures around the world and my ties back in Texas as well as some of the the ideas I have to adapt and create to keep those places close to home.

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Kiva

Kiva is back up and running...okay, not that the site was broken or anything but when I checked back today I found that they have managed to find some new individuals and loaning agencies in new countries to solicit funding for. I'm happy to have made me second donation from a Christmas gift to a woman in Niger who is running a phone shop (I know from experience in Guinea that there is definitely a market in this). My partiality towards West African women happily fulfilled I was also interested to realize that there were also several new countries represented in the list including Azerbaijan and Tajikistan and Uganda. Its neat to watch this organization grow and succeed.

No comments: