Musings on my adventures around the world and my ties back in Texas as well as some of the the ideas I have to adapt and create to keep those places close to home.

Thursday, January 3, 2008

First snow


First snow
Originally uploaded by ccarlstead
There's something magical about the first snowfall of the winter. Most of today it seemed as if we were in the middle of a snow globe, with fat lazy flakes floating down outside the classroom windows. Several hours has been enough to make it stick, and let me walk home through a winter wonderland. Quite a change from Texas last week (and if I can't be warm at least its pretty!). Its a debate as to who is hoping more to have the day off from school - the teachers or the kids. It would definitely help my week...or maybe I should say end my week. I'm not holding my breath though, as there is no word yet. In the meantime I'll just enjoy the piles of snow on the bushes outside my window and remind myself I chose to come somewhere that has winter.

No comments: