Musings on my adventures around the world and my ties back in Texas as well as some of the the ideas I have to adapt and create to keep those places close to home.

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Out in the Park


Bird in a Cage
Originally uploaded by paulmcdee
I was rather amused today as I was wondering around Yildiz park by something I saw. There were families out picnicking everywhere, and at one blanket I saw that a family had brought their pet bird out in the cage with them. Why not? I'm sure it enjoyed the fresh air. Just seems a bit odd, a little like taunting the poor thing...look this is what you *could* be out flying around in.

Of course it's not as odd as the woman I used to see in Savannah. She would load her large bird cage up in a wagon and take her birds for a walk...every day. Yes, Savannah definitely had a bird lady.

No comments: