Musings on my adventures around the world and my ties back in Texas as well as some of the the ideas I have to adapt and create to keep those places close to home.

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Strawberries are in season


9 March 2007
Originally uploaded by ccarlstead
And there are a lot of them around. I actually bought 2 kilos of strawberries last week since they were so cheap, and I worried they'll be out of season. Despite freezing nearly half of them I still have excess strawberries in my fridge. I decided to try some new things and actually made strawberry cookies yesterday. They're pretty good, but not like any type of cookie I've made before.

If you're interested my recipe was this (a combination of recipes found online):
Mix
1 c sugar
3/4 c confectionary sugar
1/2 c softened butter
1 tsp almond extract
Add and mix in:
1 egg
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 c whole wheat flour
Add 1 c pureed strawberries

Bake at 375F for about 13 min
Made 3 1/2 dozen small cookies

No comments: