Musings on my adventures around the world and my ties back in Texas as well as some of the the ideas I have to adapt and create to keep those places close to home.

Monday, February 4, 2013

Hair braiding day 19

Today as a remarkably simple style to do, which I hadn't considered until I stumbled across this video. I might try what she recommended  but thought I'd start out with just attempting one. I'll say it stayed in all day, but not quite as well as many of my other styles (perhaps the hairspray is a necessary element but as I don't own any I wasn't going to use any).

Style 19: waterfall twist


Really, the video would give you the best idea of how to do this, but it is rather simple. Starting over my left ear I took up a small section of hair and divided it in two. Bring the bottom over the top and hold on to it dropping the other piece. Pick up a new piece from just underneath where you want the twist to lay, bring it over the top and drop the other piece. Repeat until you reach the other side of your head. I attached it with a fancy bobby pin somewhere behind my right ear , having pulled back a small piece of hair from the front of my right side as I don't like hair in my face during the day. Less than 3 minutes from start to finish.

No comments: