Musings on my adventures around the world and my ties back in Texas as well as some of the the ideas I have to adapt and create to keep those places close to home.

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Awash in yellow and blue

I went into town today and was a bit overwhelmed by the amount of yellow and blue that I saw. Istanbul is awash in those two colors. Why? That would be because Fenerbache won the football league, and at the moment everything seems to be celebrating that fact. I saw more people in jerseys today then I ever have before, and as far as I know there wasn't even a game. The funny thing is that they had the league championship sewed up at least a week ago. I don't know if the celebrations have just continued since then, or if this is a recent addition to the city landscape. But I do know that you can't miss the fact that Fenerbache fans are happy this season!

No comments: