Musings on my adventures around the world and my ties back in Texas as well as some of the the ideas I have to adapt and create to keep those places close to home.

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Reminders of home

As I walked to school on Monday I noticed that one of the apartments had purple irises in bloom. It stopped me in my tracks and I closed my eyes and thought of my mom. We've had irises in our yard for as long as I can remember and as soon as they started blooming you can bet that we would have a single bloom in a vase on our dining room table every day until the irises were done for the season. We transplanted the irises when we moved, and somehow ended up with only purple irises at the new house. Doesn't matter. Anytime I see an iris I think of mom and her love of these graceful flowers.

No comments: