Musings on my adventures around the world and my ties back in Texas as well as some of the the ideas I have to adapt and create to keep those places close to home.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Day 3 of my vacation

Day 1 found me at the archaeological museum. Day 2 I painted the labyrinth. Day 3 I met with a colleague and he took me to a couple of areas of Istanbul that I had never wandered around before. We both had our cameras and we just looked for some of those shots that beg to be taken. It was amusing to me that he was surprised I was able to keep up walking with him for 5 hours...especially when we took at least 3 sit down breaks for refreshments. Not that I'm complaining about that, but it would take a lot more than that to tire me out. It was so nice to have someone to explore with, especially one who actually speaks Turkish. It just opens up so many more opportunities. We could go places that I would hesitate to wander around on my own. My two favorite pictures I shot, are of course, of people...

No comments: