Musings on my adventures around the world and my ties back in Texas as well as some of the the ideas I have to adapt and create to keep those places close to home.

Monday, February 18, 2008

How much does it take?


My snowy backyard
Originally uploaded by ccarlstead
How much snow does it take to turn my world into a white winter wonderland? Not quite as much as it takes to close school, but we’ve managed to get enough to do both in the past two days. About 11 inches by last night, which I guess shouldn’t surprise me since it snowed pretty much non-stop Saturday and Sunday. As I gaze out of my window this morning I find its still snowing. Needless to say we have quite a bit of this white powdery stuff on the ground. I’d forgotten just how beautiful snow can make even the most familiar of landscapes. I feel as if I’ve been transported to another location. One where lines are softened, dark colors based on contrast and the biggest necessity is to fulfill my desire to go out and play in the snow. Winter has definitely come to Istanbul, and this warm weather girl is trying to embrace it (it’s much easier when you get a snow holiday and an unplanned break).

No comments: