Musings on my adventures around the world and my ties back in Texas as well as some of the the ideas I have to adapt and create to keep those places close to home.

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Recent Reads


Vacation is always a good time to read, and even more so when you get stuck in a an apartment for several days for various reasons. I read quite a bit while I was in Jordan including: The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell, The Zahir by Paul Coelho, The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran, Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin, A complicated kindness by Miriam Toes, and I started A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson but had to leave it behind when it was time to fly back to Turkey. The great thing is that I would actually recommend all but one of these book (a complicated kindness was my least favorite)which means that I was quite lucky that the landlord had such good taste in books!


Of course with so much time to kill I also managed to watch a couple of movies: The Golden Compass and Lawrence of Arabia (fitting for the location I was in)

No comments: