Musings on my adventures around the world and my ties back in Texas as well as some of the the ideas I have to adapt and create to keep those places close to home.

Monday, June 11, 2007

Acquiring things

In the past two days I've managed to acquire 9 new house plants, several bags of books, and some new baking supplies. I've also been told by another two or three people that I'll be receiving either their houseplants or baking supplies soon. It's kind of fun to see what you end up with when people are moving our of the country. Plenty of things that they can't take with them...I have to admit I'm enjoying the added greenery in my house. Also not to surprised that they think of me when they think of baking supplies since I seem to always supply the cookies or brownies for almost any gathering on campus. Kind of nice to know that at least I'll be acquiring things that I will actually use instead of just random junk. It's amazing how much stuff people end up getting rid of when they move.

No comments: