Musings on my adventures around the world and my ties back in Texas as well as some of the the ideas I have to adapt and create to keep those places close to home.

Monday, June 18, 2007

Another Busy Day

Another busy day at work. Yeah right! The sum total of my activity today consisted of writing in all of the grades my students received this semester into the little red books, numbering all of those pages (don't ask - ministry requirement), and signing my name about another 50 times. Happily though I only have two more signatures to get before I'm done with my end of year check list. And yes, classes are still (technically) in session. I think I had a grand total of 6 students at school today (out of the 48 I would normally teach on Monday)...so while school is technically in session I think my students spent the day in the library or playing cards in the pyramid. It did mean I was free to spend 2 1/2 hours trying to decide on hotels for mom and my trip to Budapest (and a day in Vienna) this August. I finally made a choice just because I couldn't handle the thought of spending any more time on it. We're staying at the Hotel Turotel Mariahilf and the Korona Hotel Panzio. That's all I've done this afternoon, but now we have places to sleep - always important in the travel plan (I figure the only necessities are plane tickets and hotel reservations, all else can be figured out once you arrive). The exciting bit is that I think I have just one more reservation left to make for the summer (period!). Now I just have to decide when I'm going to take mom and dad to the thermal springs in Termal so that I can book that hotel. I slightly more difficult proposition as the owner only speaks Turkish.

No comments: