Musings on my adventures around the world and my ties back in Texas as well as some of the the ideas I have to adapt and create to keep those places close to home.

Tuesday, June 5, 2007

I survived!

There's always something satisfying about finishing up your last class for the school year. I know I'm not completely done working but I am finished teaching. The best part is that it means I've survived my first year of teaching in Turkey. Really, having to grade exams and then babysitting the few students who actually show up the last week will be nothing compared to what I've been through the rest of the year. It always amazes me though how few students want to spend their time the last couple of periods reviewing. I'm here, I'm willing to answer questions, but they just don't want to work anymore. I had more questions today then the past week combined, and I think that is just because the math exam is actually tomorrow...so they're running out of time to prepare (although they weren't ready to work yesterday). Whatever. It's time for me to CELEBRATE I've survived another school year!

No comments: