Musings on my adventures around the world and my ties back in Texas as well as some of the the ideas I have to adapt and create to keep those places close to home.

Friday, June 15, 2007

What's the point?

Today I got very fed up trying to fill out one of the necessary hard copies of things that is required of us. We do all of our grade entry on the computer, use the program to print out report cards, even allow students to access their past grades via the program. Yet we still have to fill our a little red book which lists the main grades (3-4 per semester) for each student to satisfy ministry requirements. What's the point of using the computer if we still have to hand write copies as well??? Really I'm just annoyed because about half way through completing my books (I have to many students/classes to fit all my grades into a single book) I realized I was writing down geometry grades for math grades. So I had to go get two new books, tear out all the pictures of my students, paste them into the new book and start all over again. (white out is not acceptable!). Grrr!!!

No comments: