Musings on my adventures around the world and my ties back in Texas as well as some of the the ideas I have to adapt and create to keep those places close to home.

Friday, June 22, 2007

Getting quiet

The students are gone (since Wednesday) and teachers have started leaving as of this morning. School is definitely getting quiet. I saw three other people (besides the cleaning staff) as I walked in this morning around 9. I have to admit it is odd to realize just how many people are leaving for good. I guess the transition of teaching staff is one of those things that is a regular part of any school, but especially at an international school. It's sad, humbling, and energizing to realize that there will be a whole new of group of people around next year. Sad to be saying good-bye when it seems like I just got here. Humbling to realize that although people make an impact on your life, a single year just barely gives you enough time to really get to know a person. Energizing to know that the dynamic will be changing and you'll have a whole new group of people to work with, and there is no telling what it will bring. Of course I'll still be here until the official last day of school for teachers (next Friday) but I have a feeling I won't be seeing to many more people come next week.

No comments: